Dr. Andy George is an Associate Professor of Manufacturing Engineering. Professor George holds a Ph.D. in Composites Process Engineering from University of Stuttgart's Institute for Aircraft Design, which he completed within a European research network fellowship. Previously he received a B.S. in Chemical Engineering (with a focus on biomaterials) and an M.S. in Manufacturing Engineering (focusing on non-destructive measurement of weathering damage in plastics), both at Brigham Young University. He has worked for the Swedish Institute of Composites (Swerea SICOMP), where he consulted the European aerospace industry on composites processing. Professor George currently teaches undergraduate and graduate courses on composites and plastics materials and processing. His research deals with modeling and simulation of resin infusion composites processing, studying flow and other phenomena through porous media, permeability measurement, fabric compressibility, thermosetting resin cure kinetics, capillary flow, void formation and movement, and void mechanical effects. Professor George currently serves as the chair of the SAMPE Utah chapter.
- George, Andrew Robert, Lystrup, John Caleb, & Fullwood, David T. (December 2018). Process optimization technology for liquid composite molding. Conference Proceedings. CAMX Conference Proceedings 2018, .
- Lystrup, John Caleb, Burton, Perry, George, Andrew Robert, & Fullwood, David T. (July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2018). Optical void formation and mobility measurements in carbon fiber reinforcements. Conference Proceedings. FPCM Proceedings 2018, .
- George, Andrew Robert, Hannibal, Paul, Morgan, Michael, Hoagland, David, & Stapleton, Scott. (No date available). Compressibility Measurement of Composite Reinforcements for Flow Simulation of Vacuum Infusion. Journal Contribution, Nonfiction. Polymer Composites, Wiley. (in press) , 30. doi:10.1002/pc.24770 issn:1548-0569
- George, Andrew Robert, & Hoagland, David. (November 2017). Continuous permeability measurement during unidirectional vacuum infusion processing. Journal Article, Academic Journal. Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, Sage. 36 (18) , 1618-1622. issn:0731-6844
- George, Andrew Robert, & Zobell, Brock. (August 2017). In Situ bubble characterization during resin infusion for process simulation of voids. Conference Proceedings. Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Composite Materials (ICCM21), ICCM. , 7.
- George, Andrew Robert, Hannibal, Paul, Schindler, Joseph, & Lystrup, John Caleb. (January (1st Quarter/Winter) 2017). Compressibility modeling for flow simulation of vacuum infusion. Conference Proceedings. Proceedings of the Twenty-fifth International Conference on Processing and Fabrication of Advanced Materials (PFAM-XXV), University Auckland (NZ). , 17.
- George, Andrew Robert, & Grizzo, Leandro. (28 September 2016). Resin transfer molding of high temperature, highly filled, fast-cure thermosets for automotive friction applications. Conference Proceedings. Proceedings of the 2016 Composites and Advanced Materials Expo (CAMX), SAMPE, Covina, California, USA. , 14.
- George, Andrew Robert, & Morgan, Michael. (1 July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2016). Capillary pressure characterization and modeling for flow processing of composites. Conference Proceedings. Proceedings of 13th International Conference on Flow Processes in Composite Materials (FPCM13), Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto, Japan. , 2.
- George, Andrew Robert, & Hoagland, David. (1 July (3rd Quarter/Summer) 2016). Single test determination of in-plane permeability as a function of fiber content using digital image correlation during vacuum infusion. Conference Proceedings. Proceedings of 13th International Conference on Flow Processes in Composite Materials (FPCM13), Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto, Japan. , 2.